Here we share news about tunnel collapse in Uttarakhand: CM Pushkar Singh Dhami discusses rescue operations at Silkyara in Uttarkashi. This news is circulating on the Internet and attracting people’s attention. On Wednesday, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami conducted an emergency inspection in connection with the ongoing relief work at an under-construction tunnel in Silkyara, Uttarkashi. The Prime Minister ordered the state administration to cooperate with central authorities and conduct a 24-hour rescue operation. Here we will share with you 10 news updates. Let’s continue the article.
40 workers still trapped in the Uttarkashi tunnel
According to the director’s office, the administration provided some phone numbers to check details and contact the families of workers trapped in the tunnel.
- NHIDCL director Anshu Manish Khalkho received information that a six-diameter pipe was passed through the rubble to provide food to the trapped workers. At the beginning of this assignment, he was an expert in using a tube attached to deliver oxygen.
2. Adesh Jain, engineer and drilling expert, mentioned to ANI that it was not a machine failure. By November 14, debris fell six times and rose by 70 meters. His machine can only work up to meters and that is why the government arranged a large machine for 70 meters.
3. Abhishek Ruhela, who holds the position of district magistrate of Uttarkashi, mentioned that the authorities are in constant touch with the stranded workers and are giving advice on how to retain some patients in difficult situations.
4. According to the list announced by the emergency operations center, the trapped workers include 15 from Jharkhand, 8 from Uttar Pradesh, 5 from Odisha, 1 from Himachal Pradesh, 3 from West Bengal, 4 from Bihar and 2 each from Uttarakhand and Assam.
5. Indian-American Congressman Shri Thanedar contacted the United States Agency for International Development to provide rapid assistance in the ongoing worker rescue operation.
6. This shocking incident is not just a local crisis, it is a humanitarian problem requiring global attention and action. 4
7. A drill has been airlifted from Delhi and the day will be Wednesday.
8. On the Brahmakhal-Yamunotri National Highway, entry of tunnel workers expressed their dissatisfaction through slogans protesting against the alleged inaction of the operational inspection.
9. Materials that were originally used to chart the course for 40 workers entangled in a tunnel under construction, an official claims.
This case became shocking for everyone. There is no doubt that the government is taking all solid steps to deal with this problem. Stay tuned with us for more updates.