Attackers kill a motorcyclist from Lagos

Suspected attackers have killed a 40-year-old motorcyclist identified simply as Muhideen in Igando area of ​​Lagos State.

PUNCH Metro learned that the incident took place last Friday.

The deceased received a call from an unknown customer asking for help in the area around 8 p.m. However, he went to the place but did not return home that night.

Attempts to contact him have since been unsuccessful as several calls made to his phone went unanswered.

His friend, Taofeek Adewale, with whom he spoke PUNCH Metro on Wednesday, he said that a search was launched to determine his whereabouts, and his bicycle was found at the scene the next day.

He said: “Someone called him that evening and asked him to pick him up at Alhaji Ede area on Isheri Igando Road, after which he left his house to meet the person. Shamsideen often worked very late at night because he drove most of the people who went to clubs, and when he finished he returned early in the morning. As he did not return as expected, we called his phone but the call went through. We then became concerned and contacted his family members. We then went to where he told us he was going. After searching and asking around, we found his motorcycle. We then went to the police station to give our statements.”

It was established that the deceased had separated from his wife several years ago and was responsible for supporting their four children.

Taofeek said: “Since his wife left him, he took care of his four children with the money he earned in the transport industry. He also took his two children for vocational training. Whenever they needed money, they came to our park and waited for him, and he gave them money for food.

Our correspondent later learned that the deceased’s body was found at the mortuary of Yaba Mainland Hospital.

One of the family members, who wanted not to be mentioned due to the nature of the incident, told our correspondent that efforts to find out his whereabouts, dead or alive, led them to the mortuary.

He said: “We recovered his body from the morgue at Yaba General Hospital. We took his picture there and were told that his body had been found somewhere across the state and brought to the facility. We learned that he died at the scene, where he was called for a passenger and his body was taken away. His remains were buried in his hometown in Iseyin, Oyo State.”

When contacted, Police Public Relations Officer Benjamin Hundeyin said he was unaware of the incident.

“I’m not aware. I will contact you as soon as I receive information about it,” he said.


Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button