Chennai Super Kings Salary 2021
Chennai Super Kings is the most successful IPL franchise after Mumbai Indians. This IPL franchise has won three IPL trophies and two Champions League T20 trophies. Their last IPL trophy win came in 2018 and is often a top contender for the IPL trophy. Not only this club is one of the most successful clubs, but also one of the clubs with the highest payroll. Find out details on CSK player salary 2020 here.
CSK Player Salary 2021 Dream 11 IPL
Thie costliest player in the CSK roster is their captain MS Dhoni. The former captain of the Indian national cricket team who led the team to the 2011 Cricket World Cup makes a whopping $2.1 million. The three times IPL winners have three players in its roster who makes over US$1 million per IPL season with the club. The other two players who make over a million with CSK are Suresh Raina and Kedar Jadhav.
The players with the highest salaries at CSK are mostly home players. Their lowest payroll for the 2020 IPL season is INR 20 lakh (US$28 thousand). In the roster of 24 players, the players with the lowest payroll of INR 20 lakh are only four players. To spend millions on player salaries season after season, CSK must have a good source of earning. And they do.
Below is the complete list of CSK player salaries in 2020 Dream 11 IPL.
List of CSK Player Salary 2021
Chennai Super Kings to four new players in its payroll during the 2020 IPL auction. CSK went to the auction with a total purse of INR 14.6 crore (US$2 million). The club signed Sam Curran for INR 5.5 crore (US$770 thousand). Their costliest signing at the auction became Indian cricketer Piyush Chawla who joined the franchise for a sum of INR 6.75 crore (US$950 thousand).
- Suresh Raina – INR 11 crore (US$1.5 million)
- Kedar Jadhav – INR 7.8 crore (US$1.1 million)
- Shane Watson – INR 4 crore (US$561,000)
- Ambati Rayudu – INR 2.2 crore (US$308,000)
- Murali Vijay – INR 2 crore (US$280,000)
- Faf du Plessis – INR 1.6 crore (US$224,000)
- Ruturaj Gaikwad – INR 20 lakh (US$28,000)
- Ravindra Jadeja – INR 7 crore (US$981,000)
- Dwayne Bravo – INR 6.4 crore (US$897,000)
- Sam Curran – INR 5.5 crore (US$771,000)
- Mitchell Santner – INR 50 lakh (US$70,000)
- MS Dhoni – INR 15 crore (US$2.1 million)
- Narayan Jagadeesan – INR 20 lakh (US$28,000)
- Karn Sharma – INR 5 crore (US$701,000)
- Imran Tahir – INR 1 crore (US$140,000)
- Harbhajan Singh – INR 2 crore (US$280,000)
- Piyush Chawla – INR 6.75 crore (US$950,000)
- R Sai Kishore – INR 20 lakh (US$28,000)
- Shardul Thakur – INR 2.6 crore (US$365,000)
- Deepak Chahar – INR 80 lakh (US$112,000)
- Lungi Ngidi – INR 50 lakh (US$70,000)
- KM Asif – INR 40 lakh (US$56,000)
- Monu Kumar – INR 20 lakh (US$28,000)
- Josh Hazlewood – INR 2 crore (US$280,000)
Chennai Super Kings Revenue and Earnings
Chennai Super Kings are the most successful IPL franchise right after Mumbai Indians. Given their IPL title wins and face value it is certain that Chennai Super Kings make a big sum of money from their sponsors. The club has some of the biggest names in the cricket world like MS Dhoni and Suresh Raina.
Chennai Super Kings is said to generate a revenue of INR 350 crore in the fiscal year 2020. Which is INR 60 crore less than the revenue of INR 410 crore in the fiscal year 2019. This decline in revenue was due to the reduction in income of CSK from the grant of BCCI central rights.
Chennai Super Kings Sponorship Earnings
Though this thing with BCCI dropped CSK’s revenue, they still have high sponsorship revenue. Chennai Super Kings make INR 68 crore in 2020 through sponsorship, which is 24% more than what CSK made in 2019.
Chennai Super Kings are among the top earners in IPL from sponsorship. The club’s principal sponsor is Muthoot Group which is under a three-year contract with the club. CSK has sponsorship deals with India Cements, Gulf Oil, HIL, Equitas Small Finance Bank, Nippon Paint.
The club also bought land worth INR 129 crore and a building worth INR 11.9 crore. The land and buildings expenditure has brought’s debt toll worth INR 65 crore on the club.
Chennai Super King Brand Value
Chennai Super Kings is also second in terms of brand value in IPL. They are second to Mumbai Indians with a brand value of INR 732 crore (US$104 million). The brand value of Mumbai Indians is US$115 million. After the 2018 IPL, Brand Finance ranked CSK as the most valuable IPL franchise with a brand value of US$65 million.
In 2013, a London based publication house Brand Finance ranked CSK in 147th place in the list of 150 most valuable sports clubs in the world. Back then, CSK was valued at $46 million.