Delhi Capitals Player Salary 2021
Delhi Capitals are an Indian Premier League franchise that represents the city of Delhi in IPL. DC was founded as Delhi Daredevils in 2008 and it is owned jointly by JSW Group and GMR Group. In 2020 Delhi Capitals went into the auction with a total purse of INR 27.85 crore. The Capitals spent a sum of INR 7.75 crore for Shimron Hetmyer. Find out the detail on the DC player salary in detail here.
DC Player Salary 2021
Delhi Capitals are one of those IPL teams who haven’t lift the trophy yet. Though the team has not won a single IPL trophy yet, they have a high chance of winning the tournament this year. With a great roster to go with, Delhi Capitals has been placed first in the points league table with six wins out of eight matches this season.
Could this be the year, Delhi Capitals finally wins the coveted title? Their players are seemly doing pretty well this season and could go all the way to the IPL finals. To perform to a great extent, Delhi Capitals are paying their players a whopping sum every season to its players.
The highest-earning player in the Delhi Capitals roster is Rishabh Pant. The Indian left-handed batsman makes a whopping INR 8 crore which is equivalent to US$1.1 million per IPL season. Here is a complete list of DC player salary 2020.
List of DC Player Salary in 2021 Dream 11 IPL
Their highest-paid player is Rishab Pant who is paid a colossal sum of INR 8 crore (US$1.1 million). Second to Pant is Shimron Hetmyer, who is making INR 7.75 crore (US$1.1 million) per season with Delhi Capitals
- Shreyas Iyer – INR 7 crore (US$980,000)
- Prithvi Shaw – INR 1.2 crore (US$170,000)
- Shikhar Dhawan – NPPR 5.2 crore (US$730,000)
- Ajinkya Rahane – INR 4 crore (US$561,000)
- Shimron Hetmyer – INR 7.75 crore (US$1.1 million)
- Jason Roy – INR 1.5 crore (US$210,000)
- Marcus Stoinis – INR 4.8 crore (US$670,000)
- Axar Patel – INR 5 crore (US$700,000)
- Daniel Sams – INR 20 lakh (US$28,000)
- Lalit Yadav – INR 20 lakh (US$28,000)
- Keemo Paul – INR 50 lakh (US$70,000)
- Rishabh Pant – INR 8 crore (US$1.1 million)
- Alex Carey – INR 2.4 crore (US$340,000)
- Amit Mishra – INR 4 crore (US$560,000)
- Sandeep Lamichhane – INR 20 lakh (US$28,000)
- Ravichandran Ashwin – INR 7.6 crore (US$1.1 million)
- Kagiso Rabada – INR 4.2 crore (US$590,000)
- Anrich Nortje – INR 50 lakh (US$70,000)
- Avesh Khan – INR 70 lakh (US$98,000)
- Harshal Patel – INR 20 lakh (US$28,000)
- Mohit Sharma – INR 50 lakh (US$70,000)
- Ishant Sharma – INR 1.1 crore (US$150,000)
- Chris Woakes – INR 1.5 crore (US$210,000)
- Tushar Deshpande – INR 20 lakh (US$28,000)
Delhi Capitals Earnings & Revenue
Delhi Capitals might not be a top-earning team in the Indian Premier League, but the club makes a good sum both on and off the field. This IPL franchise has a good following and making a lot of money through ticket sales. In 2020, Delhi Capitals are expected to secure a sponsorship revenue of INR 60 crore.
With INR 60 crore in earnings from sponsorship deals, Delhi Capitals will earn INR 200 crore in 2020. If the club is to win the 2020 Dream 11 IPL tournament they will add another INR 10 crore through prize money. With a huge wage bill to pay annually, every IPL team has the need to generate as much money they can from their sponsors and ticket sales. The same goes for Delhi Capitals.
Delhi Capitals Brand Value
Over the years, Delhi Capitals has brought in great change in their squad list. Also, they have drastically have imported their playing as well. In this ongoing IPL season, Delhi Capitals have bragged the first spot in the IPL points table since the start of the new season. Now, they have 12 points from 8 matches and are certain to make it to the playoffs.
With a star-studded roster and overwhelming playing, Delhi Capitals have managed to bring in some positive changes in its brand value. In 2014, the brand value of DC stood at $40 million, which climbed down to $34 million for 2015 and 2016. For the year 2017, Delhi Capitals had a brand value of $44 million. In 2018, their brand value saw a hike of whopping $8 million from the previous years. And coming to 2019, Delhi Capitals had a brand value of $53 million.
Though Delhi Capitals might not be a top club in terms of brand value in the IPL, their progress is quite overwhelming. Since 2016, Delhi Capitals have recorded positive growth in its brand value.
Delhi Capitals Ownership and Shares
At present, Delhi Capitals is jointly owned by GMR Group and JSW Sports. Both JSW Sports and GMR Group hold 50 percent shares in Delhi Capitals. While the team was put in the auction by BCCI before the inaugural year of IPL, GMR Group bought the franchise for a sum of $84 million.
In March of 2018, GMR Group sold 50 percent shares of Delhi Capitals to JSW Sports for a sum of INR 550 crore (US$77 million. In December of 2019, Delhi Daredevils was changed to Delhi Capitals.