Hamas wanted to go much further with their horrific October 7 attacks and murder thousands more Israelis, new evidence suggests.
Maps, drawings, notes, and equipment found amid the bodies of slain militants indicate they were planning to push towards the West Bank before linking up with local terrorists, according to the Washington Post.
In Beeri, a kibbutz town targeted by Hamas on October 7, a notebook was recovered from one fighter with hand-written Quranic orders which read: ‘Kill as many people and take as many hostages as possible’.
Other slaughtered militants had been carrying gas ganisters, handcuffs and thermobaric grenades with the ability to set structures alight within seconds, intelligence officials told the Post.
Some were also equipped with enough food to feed them for several days, and instructions to continue further into Israel if the first wave of attacks were a success.
Hamas wanted to go much further with their horrific October 7 attacks and murder thousands more Israelis, new evidence suggests. (Palestinians ride an Israeli military jeep in the streets of Gaza on October 7)
Pictured: civilians flee the terror attack near Kibbutz Urim in southern Israel on October 7
Leaders of the terror group even used drones to map out potential targets and Israeli towns within a few miles of the $1 billion Iron Dome barrier system which was supposed to protect the nation. (Pictured: the dome system intercepting rockets)
Intelligence officials also revealed the October 7 attack was the result of more than a year of military planning.
This involved training hundreds of fighters with AK-47 rifles, handguns, and grenade launchers in the heavily surveilled Gaza Strip.
Leaders even used drones to map out potential targets and Israeli towns within a few miles of the $1 billion Iron Dome barrier system which was supposed to protect the nation.
Hamas official Basem Naim confirmed the group expected a ‘violent reaction’ from Israel but he felt Palestinians had ‘no other options’.
He said recent Jewish settler attacks against Palestinians in the West Bank and the storming of Jerusalem’s al-Aqsa Mosque sparked widespread rage.
A senior Israeli military official told the Post Hamas ‘wanted to buy their place in history’ at the expense of civilians in Gaza.
Their barbaric attack on October 7 killed around 1,200 people in Israel, and more than 200 are still being held hostage in Gaza.
It comes as the White House revealed a three-year-old American orphan is among those being held in Palestine, after the child’s parents were slaughtered by the terrorists.
Muhammad Abu Salmiya, the director of Al Shifa hospital, said that newborn babies were dying after the hospital suspended operations
This picture taken from the Israeli side of the border with the Gaza Strip on November 11, 2023, shows smoke rising over buildings during an Israeli strike on the Palestinian enclave
Congress has warned that some of the hostages could be held by other terror factions, raising a nightmare scenario for negotiators.
In the US and around the world, thousands of people have taken to the streets in protests to demand a ceasefire in Palestine, but Netanyahu has said this won’t happen until all hostages are released.
As of Sunday, Hamas has released just four of the prisoners, including American nationals Natalie Shoshana Raanan, 17, and her mother Judith Tai Raanan, 59.
Netanyahu said he still has daily contact with Biden, and also has the ‘political and ethical support’ of the American administration.
But the Arab and Muslim world called for an immediate end to military operations in Gaza, rejecting Israel’s justification of self-defense.
A communique issued at the summit urged the International Criminal Court to investigate ‘war crimes and crimes against humanity that Israel is committing’ as it continues to wage war on the Gaza Strip.
The World Health Organization warned on Sunday that Gaza’s largest hospital is ‘not functioning’ and is in a ‘perilous’ state after one airstrike bombardment left it without electricity and water for three days.