Kolkata Knight Riders Player Salaries

Indian Premier League is one of the biggest club cricket tournaments in the twenty20 format. Also, this Indian club cricket competition is a big-time money-spinner. Well, the money involved in this championship is so huge that it might cover the annual budget for some cities around. As a top team in the competition, KKR has high standards when it comes to money. KKR player salary in 2020 is also equally high.

IPL KKR Club Earnings and Revenue

KKR is among the IPL franchise that often plays big-money moves at the auction. Also, they have some KKR players’ salaries on the list of highest-paid players in the competition. The highest KKR player salary is INR 15.5 crore that is equivalent to US $2.2 million. Their right-handed batsman Pat Cummins makes $2.2 million per IPL season.

Kolkata Knight Riders Player Salaries
KKR Player Salary 2020

Along with some top KKR players’ salaries, KKR also has big earnings in the competition. KKR is the only IPL franchise constituent in making money. Their revenue grew by 30% in 2015. Kolkata Knight Riders won their latest IPL title back in 2014. In the 2014-25 fiscal year, Kolkata Knight Riders had revenue of INR 168.71 crore, the year they won the championship. 2013-14 fiscal year, KKR generated revenue of INR 128.81 crore.

In 2014, KKR made a profit of INR 14.15 crore, from last year’s INR 9.18 crore profit. KKR is the only club in the tournament to make consecutive profits. While KKR has only won IPL twice, Mumbai Indians and Chennai Super Kings have won more titles than KKR.

KKR Brand Value

The fact that actor Shah Rukh Khan is the co-owner of IPL franchise Kolkata Knight Riders results in the high brand value of the team. In 2019, the brand value of KKR was reported at a whopping $104 million. In 2019, it dropped to $88 million.

Until 2014, Nokia was the official sponsor partner of Kolkata Knight Riders. In 2015, a Chinese mobile company started as the sponsor of KKR on a three years deal worth $7.6 million (INR 540 million). Later in 2018, the multinational communications company, Nokia reclaimed the title of KKR’s main sponsor on a two-year deal. In 2020, Mobile Premier League, MPL, became KKR’s main sponsor.

Kolkata Knight Riders Share Holders

Before the inaugural year, the eight teams representing eight different cities of India were put on auction. Shah Rukh Khan’s Red Chillies Entertainment bought the IPL franchise KKR in partnership with Indian actress Juhi Chawla and her husband Jay Mehta. SRK jointly with Jay Metha and Juhi Chawala spend a colossal sum of $75.9 million (INR 2.98 billion) in 2008 to buy the IPL franchise.

Shah Rukh Khan’s Red Chilies Entertainment holds 55% of the share in KKR and the remaining 45% is held jointly by Juhi Chawla and Jay Metha.

KKR Player Salary 2021 Dream 11 IPL

Kolkata Knight Riders spent a huge sum of INR 15.5 crore (the US $2.2 million) per IPL season on their right-handed batsman Pat Cummins. KKR signed Pat Cummins during the 2020 IPL auction for INR 15.5 crore. Pat Cummins is the most expensive overseas player in the history of the competition.

In 2020, Pat Cummins is only second to Indian captain Virat Kholi in player salary. Kholi makes INR 17 crores per IPL season with Royal Challengers Bangalore. KKR’s second most expensive player is Sunil Narine. The Trinidadian left-handed batsman earns INR 8.5 crore (the US $1.2 million) per season. KKR captain, Dinest Kartik has INR 7.4 crore  (US $1.0 million) in salary per IPL season.

List of KKR Player Salary 2021

  • Nitish Rana – INR 3.4 crore (US$477,000)
  • Shubman Gill – INR 1.8 crore (US$252,000)
  • Rinku Singh – INR 80 lakh (US$112,000)
  • Siddhesh Lad – INR 20 lakh (US$28,000)
  • Eoin Morgan – INR 5.25 crore (US$736,000)
  • Rahul Tripathi – INR 60 lakh (US$84,000)
  • Andre Russell – INR 7 crore (US$981,400.00)
  • Sunil Narine – INR 8.5 crore (US$1.2 million)
  • Chris Green – INR 20 lakh (US$28,000)
  • Dinesh Karthik – INR 7.4 crore (US$1.0 million)
  • Tom Banton – INR 1 crore (US$140,000)
  • Nikhil Naik – INR 20 lakh (US$28,000)
  • Kuldeep Yadav – INR 5.8 crore (US$813,000)
  • Varun Chakravarthy – INR 4 crore (US$560,000)
  • Manimaran Siddharth – INR 20 lakh (US$28,000)
  • Kamlesh Nagarkoti – INR 3.2 crore (US$449,000)
  • Shivam Mavi – INR 3 crore (US$421,000)
  • Prasidh Krishna – INR 20 lakh (US$28,000)
  • Lockie Ferguson – INR 1.6 crore (US$220,000)
  • Harry Gurney – INR 75 lakh (US$110,000)
  • Sandeep Warrier – INR 20 lakh (US$28,000)
  • Pat Cummins – INR 15.5 crore (US$2.2 million)
  • Ali Khan – INR 20 lakh (US$28,000)

 

Previous articleKings XI Punjab Player Salaries
Next articleEverton 2021 live streaming guide, fixtures and more