Kings XI Punjab Player Salaries
Despite having a great figure power at batting, Kings XI Punjab is placed eight in the 2020 IPL points table. So far, this Punjab-based IPL franchise has managed four points from eight IPL matches. In the history of the club, KXIP has been to the IPL finals just once. Their star player Glenn Maxwell single-handedly took KXIP to the finals in 2014. KXIP is one of the IPL teams known to spend a huge amount on players. Wondering how much is KXIP player salary 2020?
KXIP Player Salary 2021 Dream 11 IPL
Kings XI Punjab has a few of the top-earning players in the IPL payroll chart for the 2020 IPL. Their highest-paid player is their captain, K.L. Rahul who has been in great form since the start of the season. The KXIP captain makes a whopping sum of INR 11 crore (US$1.5 million) for guiding Punjab to the righteous.
This club went into the 2020 IPL auction with a purse of INR 42.7 crore, which was the highest purse for any IPL team during the auction. Their biggest signing for the 2020 IPL season was their former star player Glenn Maxwell. KXIP bought Glenn Maxwell for a fee of INR 10.75 crore. Their other costly signings were Sheldon Cottrell, for INR 8.5 crore, and Chris Jordan, for INR 3 crore. The club bought nine players at the auction, releasing seven players.
Below is the complete list of KXIP player salaries in the 2020 Dream 11 IPL season.
List of KXIP Player Salary 2021
Kings XI Punjab has three players in its roster who make over US$1 million per IPL season. Two of those three players are foreign players, with one home player being the KXIP captain K.L. Rahul. Their lowest payroll is INR 20 lakh (US$28 thousand). KXIP has six players under INR 20 lakh payroll per IPL season.
- Karun Nair – INR 5.6 crore (US$790,000)
- Chris Gayle – INR 2 crore (US$280,000)
- Mayank Agarwal – INR 1 crore (US$140,000)
- Mandeep Singh – INR 1.4 crore (US$200,000)
- Sarfaraz Khan – INR 25 lakh (US$35,000)
- Deepak Hooda – INR 50 lakh (US$70,000)
- Glenn Maxwell – INR 10.75 crore (US$1.5 million)
- James Neesham – INR 50 lakh (US$70,000)
- Tajinder Singh – INR 20 lakh (US$28,000)
- K.L. Rahul – NPL 11 crore (US$1.5 million)
- Nicholas Pooran – INR 4.2 crore (US$590,000)
- Prabhsimran Singh – INR 55 lakh (US$77,000)
- Mujeeb Ur Rahman – INR 4 crore (US$560,000)
- Murugan Ashwin – INR 20 lakh (US$28,000)
- Harpreet Brar – INR 20 lakh (US$28,000)
- Krishnappa Gowtham – INR 6.2 crore (US$869,000)
- Jagadeesha Suchith – INR 20 lakh (US$28,000)
- Ravi Bishnoi – INR 2 crore (US$280,000)
- Mohammed Shami – INR 4.8 crore (US$670,000)
- Hardus Viljoen- INR 75 lakh (US$110,000)
- Darshan Nalkande – INR 30 lakh (US$42,000)
- Arshdeep Singh – INR 20 lakh (US$28,000)
- Sheldon Cottrell – INR 8.5 crore (US$1.2 million)
- Chris Jordan – INR 3 crore (US$420,600.00)
- Ishan Porel – INR 20 lakh (US$28,000)
Kings XI Punjab Revenue and Earnings
The main source of earrings for any IPL franchise is sponsorship. Sponsors pay a huge sum of money to IPL franchises to have their logo on the team’s shirts. IPL is among the most followed club cricket competition in the world. And in India, IPL is just just a sport but it is a festival for cricket fans.
IPL is the best way for brands to extend their market in India and globally as well. So, several brands spend a huge sum of money in the name of sponsorship to extend their market and reach out to as many customers as possible. KXIP has a sponsorship deal with T10 Sports, Coca-Cola, FanCode Shop, Tech Mahindra, Colgate, Stylam, Kingfisher, Spektacom Technologies, Kotak.
In 2019, Kings XI Punjab made a gross profit of INR 44.55 crore as per its owners. Which is more than twice the profit KXIP made in 2018. Kings XI Punjab recorded an expense of INR 108.43 crore in the fiscal year 2019. In the 2018 fiscal year, KXIP made a profit of INR 17.98 crore after tax.
Kings XI Punjab Brand Value
Kings XI Punjab has some of the best talents of the cricket world in its roster. Likewise, their attacking play has a great following. Kings XI Punjab has not won a single IPL trophy but made it to the finals in 2014. Though the club has failed to make it to the finals in recent years, the brand value of KXIP is good.
In 2019, the brand value of KXIP was $51 million, which is slightly less than its brand value in 2018. From 2014 to 2018, Kings XI Punjab has seen good growth in brand value. The club just failed to score big, coming in 2019.
Kings XI Punjab Owners and Shares
During the auction of the first initial eight IPL franchises, Kings XI Punjab was bought by Mohit Burman Ness Wadia, Preity Zinta, and Dey & Dey Group. The group paid a colossal sum of $76 million in acquiring the rights of the Punjab-based IPL franchise.
The Dey & Dey Group are the minority shareholder of KXIP. Labor group’s head Mohit Burman holds 46% shares of KXIP, Wadia group’s Ness Wadia holds 23% and Indian actress Preity Zinta holds 23% shares in the IPL franchise.