Matt Ryan Net Worth 2021
Matt Ryan’s full name is Matthew Thomas Ryan. He is a 35-year-old American professional football quarterback. Ryan plays in the NFL (National Football League) for the team of Atlanta Falcons. Matt Ryan’s net worth in 2021 is $70 million. He played football in college as well. He played for Boston College and was drafted by NFL from there.
Net Worth: $70 million
Source of Wealth: Salary and Endorsements
Date of Birth: May 17, 1985
Height: 6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)
Record: 200 passing yards
Matt Ryan was drafted in 2008 in the third overall pick of the NFL draft in their first round. He was the starting quarterback in Boston college from 2005 to 2007.
Ryan led the team to three bowl victories in 32 starts along with a 25-7 record. Moreover, his team also reached the championship of the ACC Atlantic Division in 2007.
Ryan became the first $30 million per year quarterback and the highest-paid player in NFL history until being surpassed months later by Aaron Rodgers.
What is Matt Ryan’s net worth in 2021?
Matt Ryan’s net worth in 2021 has been estimated to be around $70 million. The major sources of his wealth are his NFL contracts, salary, and endorsements.
Ryan’s contract with the Atlanta Falcons was further extended for five years in 2018. This contract was worth $150 million and it contributed greatly to an increase in his net worth.
Ryan is the first quarterback who earns $30 million annually. Moreover, he was also the most paid player in the history of the National Football League (NFL).
However, Aaron Rodgers passed him in being the highest-paid NFL footballer. His value got increased quite a lot when he won the MVP award. Thus, many brands like to sponsor him. Here are some of the brands that Matt Ryan has endorsement deals with.
- Banana Republic
- Delta Airlines
Awards and Achievements
Matt Ryan has made quite a lot of accomplishments in his entire NFL career. He is well-known for making and breaking many records.
Moreover, Ryan has received several honors and awards in his entire career. He is also quite popular among his fans. Here is a list of some of the achievements he has made and the honors he has received.
- Pro Bowl Selection in 2010, 2012, 2014, and 2016.
- First-team All-Pro in 2016.
- Most Valuable Player in the NFL in 2016.
- Bert Bell Award in 2016.
- Passer rating leader in the NFL in 2016.
- Sporting News honored him as Rookie of the Year in 2008.
- Offensive Player of the Year in NFL in 2016.
- Rookie of the Week winner by Pepsi NFL in 2008.
- NEXT Athlete Award by ESPN The Magazine in 2009.
- Player of the Month NFC in November 2010.
- Most passing yards in the history of the NFL in the first 11 years.
- Offensive Player of the Year PFWA in 2016.
- Completion percentage co-leader NFL in 2012.
- Offensive Rookie of the Year PFWA in 2008.