Mumbai Indians Player Salaries
Mumbai Indians are bad news for other IPL teams and of course, the Indians fans just love to catch this club in action. Mumbai Indians are the most successful IPL team in the history of the competition with four IPL titles. To perform in the highest level season after season, Mumbai Indians must be awarding its players with a good salary. Well, MI player salary is among the top salaries paid in the competition at present.
Mumbai Indians: Four Times IPL Winners
The four-times IPL winners pay a good sum of INR 15 crore which is equivalent to the US $2.1 million to its captain Rohit Sharma. The Indian skipper has led the franchise to its four IPL wins. Behind Rohit Sharam is another Indian cricketer Hardik Pandya who makes a whopping INR 11 crore (the US $1.5 million) per season.
This IPL club is backed by the richest Indian national, Mukesh Indian. So, this club could never see a money drought. Equally, MI must be making a huge sum of money through their IPL wins and bagging a lot of money from their sponsors. Sponsors must offer a huge sum of money to the club to be the sponsor of the four times IPL winners.
IPL Mumbai Indians Revenue and Earnings
MI player salary is listed among the highest-paid players in the franchise. To spend millions on their players season after season, this IPL franchise must be making huge money. In February 2020, Mumbai Indians became the first IPL franchise to secure INR 100 crore sponsorship deal. The four-times IPL winners have inked new sponsorship deals with Astral Pipes and Marriot Bonvoy. It is reported that Marriot Bonvoy will spend INR 30 crore in sponsorship for Mumbai Indians.
In 2019, Mumbai Indians signed Samsung as the club’s main sponsor for three-year on a deal worth INR 75 crore. In the first season, in 2008, Mumbai Indians had revenue of INR 69 crore, while their expenditure totaled INR 85 crore. This means the club cost its owners INR 16 crore in the competition’s first season. The 2009 season brought a similar loss for the club.
Though the club lost some big money in the first years of the competition, today, Mumbai Indians is the richest club in the competition. Their four-time IPL win has also brought in some good money to the club.
Mumbai Indians IPL Wins Earnings
IPL is arguably the biggest cricket twenty20 club competition. Filling in the stature of the competition, the prize money for the IPL winning team is also huge. In general, the IPL winning team makes INR 10 crore for winning the competition. In 2019, the prize money was doubled. MI won the 2019 IPL, bagging INR 200 million in prize money. This means MI own prize money of US$2.8 million in 2019.
So, from their four IPL wins, Mumbai Indians have earned INR 50 crore. Additionally, each IPL team is backed by sponsors. And Mumbai Indians also have big sponsors and they generate huge revenue through their sponsors. In 2020, Mumbai Indians became the first IPL team to have INR 100 crore worth of sponsorship deal.
Mumbai Indians Brand Value 2021
Mumbai Indians have the highest number of IPL title wins. This particular reason is enough to guess the club has the highest brand value in 2020. In 2017, Mumbai Indians became the first IPL franchise to have a brand value of $100 million. Fast forward to 2019, the four times IPL winners have a brand value of $115 million. As per records, this IPL franchise has recorded the highest brand value in the competition for four consecutive years.
In 2007, BCCI announced the establishment of IPL. During the auction of eight different IPL teams representing different cities in India, Realia Industries Ltd. acquired the rights of Mumbai Indians. Reliance Industries Ltd. owned by businessman Mukesh Ambani bid a whopping sum of $11.9 million for Mumbai Indians.
IPL MI Player Salary 2021
Mumbai Indians are not only the highest-earning IPL franchises but also the most spending teams in the competition. Mumbai Indians captain, Rohit Sharam is one of the highest-paid players on the team. The highest-paid player in IPL now is Indian skipper Virat Kholi who makes INR 17 crore from Royal Challengers Banglore. Rohit Sharma takes INR 15 crore per season from Mumbai Indians.
Here is the list of the MI player salary for 2020.
- Rohit Sharma – INR 15 crore (US$2.1 million)
- Suryakumar Yadav – INR 3.2 crore (US$449,000)
- Anmolpreet Singh – INR 80 lakh (US$112,000)
- Sherfane Rutherford – INR 2 crore (US$280,000)
- Chris Lynn – INR 2 crore (US$280,000)
- Saurab Tiwary – INR 50 lakh (US$70,000)
- Kieron Pollard – INR 5.4 crore (US$757,000)
- Hardik Pandya – INR 11 crore (US$1.5 million)
- Krunal Pandya – INR 8.8 crore (US$1.2 million)
- Digvijay Deshmukh – INR 20 lakh (US$28,000)
- Prince Balwant Rai Singh – INR 20 lakh (US$28,000)
- Ishan Kishan – INR 6.2 crore (US$869,000)
- Aditya Tare – INR 20 lakh (US$28,000)
- Quinton de Kock – INR 2.8 crore (US$393,000)
- Rahul Chahar – INR 1.9 crore (USS$266,000)
- Anukul Roy – INR 20 lakh (US$28,000)
- Jayant Yadav – INR 50 lakh (US$70,000)
- Jasprit Bumrah – INR 7 crore (US$981,400.00)
- Mitchell McClenaghan – INR 1 crore (US$140,000)
- Lasith Malinga – INR 2 crore (US$280,000)
- Trent Boult – INR 2.2 crore (US$310,000)
- Dhawal Kulkarni – INR 75 lakh (US$105,000)
- Nathan Coulter-Nile – INR 8 crore (US$1.1 million)
- Mohsin Khan – INR 20 lakh (US$28,000)
- James Pattinson – INR 1 crore (US$140,200.00)