MANILA, Philippines – All 10 individuals who obtained the highest marks in the recently conducted computer-based geologist licensing examination are from the University of the Philippines (UP), Diliman, according to results released by the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC).
On Wednesday, the PRC announced that 165 out of 351 candidates had passed the November 2023 exam.
The only top performing school is none other than UP Diliman itself. According to the committee, it is the only school that achieves at least an 80% pass rate. Forty-eight of 52, or 92.31% of test takers, passed the licensing examination.
Here are the top performers on the November 2023 Geologist Licensing Examination:
- Jerome Garcia Formaran – 84.70%
- Paulo Lim Realengo – 83.80%
- Shiny Cabalejo Kang – 83%
- Gerard Vann Vincent Tacuyan Gomez – 82.80%
- Tag Venus Aquino – 82.70%
- Aris Paolo Afable Castro – 82.50%
- Paul Joshua Paclibar Villara – 82.40%
- Sophia Therese Leonida’s credibility – 82.20%
- Rio Angela Funakoshi Castro – 81.80%
- Rose Valerie Aranda Pimentel – 81.60%
Meanwhile, the overall performance indicators for the remaining schools, in alphabetical order, are as follows:
- Adamson University – 49.30%
- Mapua University (for MIT) – Manila – 48.21%
- Negros Oriental State University (CVPC) – Dumaguete – 23.81%
- Party State University – (GOA) GAO – 8.57%
- Southeastern Philippines University – Davao City – 60.38%
The PRC stated that the test took place in the National Capital Region and was administered by the Chairman of the Geology Council, Hon. Fernando S. Peñarroyo and board members, Hon. Benjamin S. Austria and Hon. Elmer B. Billedo.
READ: PRC: 1,579 points passed the brokerage board exam in November 2023
Registration for the issuance of a Professional Identification Card and Registration Certificate will take place online on December 12-14.
READ: Mapua, UPD tops 2022 geology licensing exams
The PRC advised travelers to visit its website and follow the instructions there to complete their first registration.
The committee noted that those who passed the examination should personally register and sign on the list of registered specialists.
He added that the date and place of the oath-taking ceremony will be announced at a later date.